Join us in Meeting Room A for the first Mental Health, Special Education, and Disability PTO meeting of the 2018-2019 school year.
On the agenda:
1) Review ground rules; Introductions
2) Update/report from NAMI -Johnson County Children’s Coalition
3) Update on seclusion rooms
4) Discussion: Transitioning to the new school year – process questions, challenges, etc.
5) Discussion: Issues and topics that people would like to see addressed in the 2018-19 MSD PTO season
6) Request for people interested in leadership roles
This ICAC infographic is available for parents, educators and businesses to use –
The Iowa City Autism Community would like to thank Miracles in Motion for hosting our field trip this week and to the East Central Iowa Autism Society for making it possible! Several lucky children were able to tour the stables and interact with the horses. What a wonderful opportunity.
October 13: Twin Cities Book Festival, Minneapolis-St. Paul
October 24: Prairie Lights Bookstore, Iowa City, IA
October 26 and 27: Duke University, Durham, NC
October 30th: University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls
November 8: Grinnell College, Grinnell, IA
November 9 and 10: Rochester, MN
November 15: Syracuse, NY
Early January: Modern Language Association Conference
Researchers are building an adult autism questionnaire and are looking for input from autistic adults and caregivers –
More information here –
ICAC, UIHC Autism Center, and the ICCSD MSD PTO present:
Sarah Kane from the Grant Wood AEA Family Educator Partnership will present on the basics of IEPs and 504s.
Saturday, September 15th at 1pm.
Kirkwood Regional Center at the University of Iowa
2301 Oakdale Blvd, Coralville, Iowa 52241 Room 300
FREE – no registration required
Email Mary Roberts with questions: email@example.com
Refreshments will be provided!